The lovely Rhian from Rhian Westbury has taged me in “The 50 Questions You Have Never Been Asked Tag” I am quite excited to take part as I have never taken part in one of these tag posts before.
Please do pop over and check out Rhian’s answers too!
01. What’s your favorite candle scent?
It has to be Yankee Candle Clean Cotton. I currently have one of their car air scents in my car. It just smells so clean and fresh!
02. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
Hmmm I really don’t know. I would like to have an older sister that I could go to for advice so it would have to be someone wise!
03. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
Gerard Butler … he is Scottish like me so we would have no problems understanding each other and he could take me all around the world with him on his travels!
05. Do you know a hoarder?
I do … Mr Sparkles mum is one which comes in handy when we have ran out of something and he is around visiting!
06. Can you do the splits?
Ha ha no!
07. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike?
I was a late learner … I must have been around 8 or 9 maybe? I remember that it was my uncle who taught me at a wee school behind their house. Fun times!
08. How many oceans have you swam in?
I have never swam in an ocean in my adult life. I have a horrible squeamish about little fish and things touching my feet. I did have a small paddle though when I was in Australia!
09. How many countries have you been to?
Not as many as I would like! Australia, Ireland, England, Tunisia, Canary Islands, Dominican Republic, America, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Spain are the ones I can remember!
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
Not currently but my Granda was in the army when he would younger.
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
I have a name picked out but I don’t want to say incase it brings bad luck!
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test?
I failed all of my prelim exams when I was in fourth year at high school and it was made out to be such a huge deal … I then went on to pass all of my actual exams!
14. What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid?
Neighbours …. I was obsessed with the show to the extent I would watch it twice a day during the school holidays!
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
I can’t remember exactly but I remember deciding to go out late one year and didn’t have a costume so my mum put a black bin bag over my head (cut out of course) and stuck on rubbish so I was ” A Bag of Rubbish” #TrueStory
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
Ive read both the Hunger Games and Twilight books. As always the books are always SO much better than the films!
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
I love my Scottish accent and actually can’t imagine having any other type of accent.
18. Did your mother go to university?
Nope … it was not really the done thing when she was young. She was expected to get a job straight after leaving school and that is exactly what she done!
19. Are your grandparents still married?
All of my Grandparents are deceased.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
I think it was Blackpool Pleasure Beach 🙂
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in?
I would love to be able to speak Scottish Gaelic but sadly it is not widespoken anymore in central Scotland.
24. Do you spell the colour grey or gray?
26. Do you know any triplets?
Not personally but I looked after a few when I worked in the Neonatal Units … they were so cute!
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
I have never managed to watch The Notebook to the end so I would have to say Titanic.
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
Yes! It is one of my favourite foods. Chicken Korma … mmmmmm!
29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
The Turban Tandoori
30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
Yup loads but to be honest I don’t really get the hype around it lol!
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)?
Mr Sparkles has a membership to Costco which is very conventiently located 5 mins from me haha!
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
I think my mum mentioned the name Paul once – eeeeewk!
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
Nikki … Niks
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
Definetly the City although I love being able to escape into the Countryside in less than an hour!
36. Can you whistle?
A little bit but not very well!
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
Nope but I don’t like the room being too dark.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
No but i am trying to eat it every day at the moment.
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
Yeah unfortunetly quite alot!
40. What medical conditions do you have?
Too many to list here!
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
Far too many times that I care to talk about!
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
Yes … what a fantastic film!
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
44. What’s the last compliment you got?
From Mr Sparkles this morning <3
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
I do … I have been having some random ones at the moment which have been making me quite upset.
46. What flavour tea do you enjoy?
I don’t actually like tea *shock horror*
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
Actually not that many! I have had a huge clear out due to moving so I think it is around 5-6 pairs just now.
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
I think Roman Catholic as that is the religion I was brought up as.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
I think I must of been around 9 or 10 … my little brother very kindly told me!
50. Why do you have a blog?
I originally started Sparkles at Midnight as a weight loss blog many years ago and when I was off work on long term sick last year I really got back into blogging as a way to pass the days and it really took off!
So there you have it!
I hope you have enjoyed reading my 50 Random Questions and I now tag the lovely Sarah at Beauty Addict